Thursday, February 10, 2011

Garlic bread and the web

To make supper easier today I used a family recipe and got the main course going. However, a quick musing determined that another side would be in order to feed our ravenous family of five. TO this end I consulted the all knowing Google. First of all let me say here that Google does know all but I REALLY don't like it second guessing me and suggesting topics after the 1st few letters. Cheese on toast I can think for myself I am not a Sheeple. . . . . Now a relatively simple search of "Garlic Bread Quick Scratch" turned up the usual few billion hits. The 1st ten of which are probably most useful. Why so many hits? If people know how to research properly a few simple terms are all you need much less the countless hits that range from growing Garlic while baking bread to scratching quickly with a garlic clove to relieve an itch. SO really just give me the top ten and we'll call it a day Google. If Idon't find what I'm looking for there then I'll adjust my parameters.
    But having turned up the search in question I found but 2 that were actual "scratch recipe" everything else required a pre-made loaf of bread. Since when is pre-made bread smeared with butter and garlic SCRATCH!!? Now I'm not saying that I don't do it this way but I am also poor. SO just nipping out and throwing even 3 dollars down for a loaf of factory bread is out of the question. I have the ingredients for home bread so why not?  DO people not actually cook(bake) anymore?
The preceding being said, those of you who just toddle off to the local market for garlic bread and refuse to attempt it any other way are WEAK!! let me rephrase. .  YOU are insignificant cooks who urinate on the craftsmanship and artistry of the humble household kitchen. Try harder, and do better. . . you may surprise yourself. to this end i am off to make my garlic bread from one of the two recipes I found that were of most help, took me less than 2 minutes to find and digest the ramifications. SO there you LAZY Chefs. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment